We love an easy, no mess, no treacherous ingredient list, kid approved dinner!
Our go-to weeknight dinner is a Slow Cooker Loaded Potato Soup! This is also a great dish to throw in the freezer to save for a later date!
Below is the recipe! If you aren't wanting to make a large portion cut the ingredients in half!
for 6 servings
- 4 cups potato, peeled and chopped
- ¾ cup onion
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ½ tablespoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup sour cream
- shredded cheese, to taste
- bacon, to taste
- scallion, chopped
- Add the potatoes, onions, chicken broth, salt and pepper to the slow cooker.
- Set it to low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- In a saucepan, combine the butter, flour, heavy cream and sour cream. Whisk until thickened.
- When the slow cooker is done, pour in the thickened mix. Stir, cover and set the slow cooker to low for another 30 minutes.
- Serve with shredded cheese, bacon and chopped scallions.
And lastly, ENJOY!!
Make sure to let us know what you think of this slow cooker potato soup and if you changed any of the ingredients!